Sunday, September 26, 2010

New trail is cut...

I borrowed the CITA trailer with the DR brush mower and cut the new connector trails on Friday, Saturday and today (Sunday). Still some clearing and shaping to be done on the new sections, but as a one man operation I can only get to it a bit at a time (might need some possible wood slats for a temporary bridge section). 7 days of sunshine coming up which should dry things out and give me an idea on the low swamp area on the northeast side of the lake where I cut the new trail.

If anyone has any time to do some trail work - let me know. I'll put you to work. Otherwise, look for a trail work day next Sunday (October 3rd) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to dial everything in so it is race ready for the 10th.

Get out and ride, but make sure you are tubeless or with Slime in the tubes. Lots of thorns and critters (small sapling roots) out there.

No comments: